Nestled in the beautiful setting of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Wilkes County is located in the foothills of Western North Carolina. The Wilkes County Health Department is located in the heart of Downtown Wilkesboro and is easily accessible. Our mission is to promote health and prevent disease in the community and is accomplished through promotion of health, prevention of disease and care of the sick. The Wilkes County Health Department has been serving the community for over 50 years, and is a trusted source for your health care needs. We offer services from well/sick visits, health promotion and healthy lifestyle choices, diabetes and nutritional counseling, maternity and post partum care, immunizations, to environmental health services such as well water testing, septic and waste water services, and restaurant inspections.
Promoting health and preventing disease in our community
Wilkes County Health Department will be viewed by our county as the primary resource for individual, community and environmental health.
- The health needs of the community are ever changing
- Early intervention is most effective
- Environment effects health
- Health information is essential for making choices for healthy living
- WCHD must work to create a healthy community
- Individual health effects community health and community health effects individual health
We believe that:
- We must provide services without discrimination of race, ethnicity, marital status, religion, gender, economic status, health status, lifestyle preferences, or age.
- Individuals are valued and deserve courtesy and respect
- Individuals have a responsibility for their own health
- Quality services are essential