Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Check us out on Facebook.
What is WIC?
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.
Who Does WIC Serve?
- Pregnant Women, Breastfeeding and Post-Partum Women, Infants, and Children up to age 5 who live in North Carolina; and who have
- A nutritional risk factor; and
- Live in a household with income at or below WIC guidelines
If you are currently a WIC client, or want to know more about WIC, please take a moment and read the following download, please click here.
What does WIC Provide?
- Tips for healthy living for all ages (click to learn more)
- Supplemental foods (click to learn more)
- Breastfeeding education and support (click to learn more)
- Farmer’s Market Vouchers in the summer (click to learn more)