Attention: Effective June 10, 2016 Wilkes County WIC has a new building. Come and join us at our new location by the hospital! Our new physical address is 232 Jefferson Street North Wilkesboro, NC 28659. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 336-651-7451
If you need directions please click here.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Check us out on Facebook. Our office hours are Monday -Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Open during lunch hours except Wednesdays 12:30pm-1:30pm. We also have Monday evening appointments until 6:00pm
What is WIC?
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.
Who Does WIC Serve?
- Pregnant Women, Breastfeeding and Post-Partum Women, Infants, and Children up to age 5 who live in North Carolina; and who have
- A nutritional risk factor; and
- Live in a household with income at or below WIC guidelines
For more eligibility and income guideline information , click here
What does WIC Provide?
- Tips for healthy living for all ages (click to learn more)
- Supplemental foods (click to learn more)
- Breastfeeding education and support (click to learn more)
- Farmer’s Market Vouchers in the summer (click to learn more)